Monday, March 25, 2013

Morning cup of Joe


Hi everyone, welcome to day two of our Spring Fling crop! I have a two layouts to share today. Both use fun techniques for using up your scraps!

My first layout is my final one using the March kit, Daffodil Hill! When I sat down to make the layout I knew I wanted to use the mask included in the kit and the "Notes from Today" die cut cards.
I used the mask to create a background for my paper and photo and built everything around it. The gray mist included in the kit has become a favorite for me. It is a little warm in tone...the perfect gray!
A fun little tip for using scraps is to cut them into small strips and place them around the outside of the layout to create a border. For additional dimension and interest, I stitched over my scrap border.
I had a coffee stain stamp in my stash that I knew would be perfect for my theme and I stamped that in gray peeking out from behind my focal point.
I used a couple things from my stash for the finishing touches; flair from {a flair for buttons}, wood grain washi tape, and various stamps to coordinate with my theme and for my title.

This next layout I created for my challenge for the Spring Fling crop! Last year when the ombre trend was all the rage I wanted to try the technique on a layout but never did so I thought this was the perfect time!

Ombre is a graduation of the same color from light to dark. Like this...

{Image Source}
My challenge to you is to pick one of the pretty spring pastel colors from this inspiration piece and use it to create an ombre element in your layout.
{Image Source}
Here is my layout.

I used the light pink and graduated the color down to dark pink. When I embellished my layout, I used embellishments in the same shade of the paper where it was being placed. Most of the papers came from Noel Mignon past kits...a great way to use scraps. The xoxo heart was cut using my Cameo and the flair is from {a flair for buttons}.

I've created an Ombre Challenge album on FB for you to load your ombre challenge layouts! I can't wait to see what you create!

No comments: